COVID is very contagious. But there is something you can do to stop the spread.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If not available use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain 6 feet between you and other people including friends (you don’t know whether they may have been exposed).
- Everyone should avoid non-essential air travel but especially if over 60 years old.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well or have had symptoms (defined below) within the past two weeks.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often.
- Avoid touching public fixtures with your hands (elevator buttons, doorknobs, gas pump). Use a tissue or disposable glove. If you must touch, wash your hands as soon as possible.
- Avoid gatherings of more than 20 people (this is more stringent than what is being recommended by our government health officials but is consistent with some recommendations from Europe).
- Work from home if possible.
**The content on all websites associated with COVIDSA, including, but not limited to, the text, graphics, images, links, and other materials are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. COVIDSA does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the website. Reliance on any information provided herein is solely at your own risk. The information provided on all social media associated with COVIDSA, including facebook and instagram is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on COVIDSA websites.